Educational Resources for Disaster Risk Reduction

I am posting some educational resources for DRR here, but I really need YOUR resources and examples of good practice to find the best practice. Teachers have the ability to inspire children and youth to become important agents of change with regard to DRR because they are open to new ideas ands concepts and will often discuss these with their parents. These ‘learning conversations’ in the home may also result in a positive impact on the ‘protective behavior’ of the family and the wider community as a whole. But it often starts with the lessons that YOU teach. Please help collate these resources so that we can build upon them further. Especially welcome are multimedia resources and projects.

Views: 246

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Justin. I found these resources. I hope you enjoy them they are very useful!
Attachments:
Thanks for that here is the whistle and torch document I told you about.
Attachments:
Here are some new resources for you
Attachments:
Dear Justin,
These are 3 posters that we produced and use to raising awareness school children in our school visit program called GEOmobil in Aceh, Indonesia - so, all of them are in Bahasa. The posters are regarding what to do before, during and after earthquake; Preparedness and how to measure the earthquake. Pictures and instructions on this these posters also part of GEOmobil earthquake module.
Attachments:
They are very cute...I would like to see more resources in local languages! Thank you Lany again for this!
Please see the my photo album just created that shows the California Science Center earthquake exhibit. Some great ideas here! Also I've created an album for toys and games. If you add your photos we can add to this album for everyone.
I've made a wiki where I've tried to link to the resources I've found. Here is the page for Teacher Resources: http://resilient2disaster.com/tiki-index.php?page=Teacher+Resources...
I just noticed - you didn't use www.edu4hazards.org in your resources! Check it out and let me know what you think! It is designed for both students and their teachers to help them understand how to prepare for and react to a range of hazards.
There are quite a few downloadable resources on the "What's the Plan Stan" website from New Zealand, including unit plans, templates, stories and factsheets:

www.whatstheplanstan.govt.nz

The site is currently being updated as part of an overall project to revise the resource. The new and revised material will appear on the site in August.

RSS

Working together to help you be prepared and resilient to disasters via learning and education anywhere. Learning matters in DRR education.

Follow us on twitter!

Members

DRR Education RSS Feed

Tweet Me!

© 2024   Created by Justin Sharpe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service